Thursday, November 27, 2008

Lesson Plan Reflection

Ultimately, my reaction towards my lesson plan was that I was completely surprised. I went up there thinking, "Wow, they're going to rip me apart!" As the lesson plan unfolded, I was basically just waiting for the big blow. Who was going to jump out the window? Or walk out of the class without me realizing? Who was going to GROWL during the entire lesson? But it never happened! I'm not sure if it was because I set the rules out on the line from the beginning, or if the students were just tired from the weather and anxious to begin their Thanksgiving break, but I was honestly blown away at how behaved everyone was!

Overall, I think my lesson plan itself went really well. I think I handled the class behaviors decently. (I guess I should thank my years of working with children to that..) I was so upset that my little ice cream tune didn't work as I expected it! But I'm so glad Dr. Luongo intervened and helped me MODIFY to still incorporate it into my lesson (thanks!). I remember thinking that 40 minutes was a LONG time to come up with one little lesson, but in the end, I didn't even have enough time to finish! I wish we would have been able to color and cut out our ice cream cones so we could display them, but oh well. :[

Anyway, I think I did a good job! I wish we could do lessons everyday!! :]

Happy Thanksgiving everyoneee!

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

You did a GREAT job.

I think the behavior plan you set in place in the beginning of the class was an EXCELLENT idea and the main reason why the students behaved. They knew what to expect if they did not behave.

40 minutes is not as long as you think!

GREAT JOB!

Jennifer said...

You did awesome! no need to tell you that :) I loved the stoplight idea; it is extremely motivating for students to stay on their best behavior. I was put on yellow and reallyyy wanted to go back on green and I'm in college! (nevermind being 6 years old) You are going to be a great teacher, I really hope we get a joint classroom lol